Enquire
+44 (0)1753 549 360
Home
You are here : Information & Advice : MWS Racing : The Car
About MWS
MWS Wire Wheels
MWS Accessories
Fitting Wire Wheels
Fitment Guide
Technical information
News
Gallery
Methods of Payment
Delivery Information
Terms and Conditions
FAQ

MWS XK140 Race Car

 

History


This car was manufactured and first registered in 1955. Since purchasing the car, it has been the subject of a complete nut and bolt restoration which was completed in 2010 and built to FIA Appendix ‘K’ Period E specification.

It received its FIA Historic Technical Passport in July 2010.

It is also an original right-hand-drive car, first shipped to Rhodesia and subsequently returned to the UK.



It has been entered in the AMOC and The Masters Races in 2010 and has achieved Class ‘A’ Wins for all of its races and has
Won the Class ‘A’ FIA Appendix ‘K’ Class overall for 2010 with the Jaguar Enthusiasts Club.

In recent history it completed the Peking to Paris Rally in 2000 and a season of racing in 2003 with the Jaguar Enthusiasts Club.

The only XK140 FHC to participate in the 1956 Le Mans 24 Hour race was wrongly disqualified for returning to the pits for fuel, after 21 hours in the race. The car was jointly driven by Bolton and Walshaw. At this point, it was running 11th in the race and heading for a Top 10 finish. However, due to the participation of this XK140 FHC, the MWS car is eligible for the Le Mans Classic.

Please click the follwing links to view the restoration notes for the XK140 FHC
 

Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5


Specifications


Many of the interior features have been kept as period, e.g. the Dashboard, Door Trim and the specially designed half-bucket period racing seats give this car a period appeal either for racing or on the open roads using its competition overdrive unit.

The car uses the original Front and Rear Drum Brakes.

The car is very fast benefitting from its original 3.4 Litre engine up-rated for racing today with only lightened and balanced internals and increased compression. With a recalibrated speedometer it reached 130 mph on the Lavant Straight at Goodwood.

The engine has twin 2” H8 SU carburettors and retains its original 4 speed, close-ratio, 3 ‘Synchro’ Moss gearbox.

The car is finished in Jaguar British Racing Green with a burr walnut dashboard and door cappings, together with suede green upholstery and door cards.

For racing it benefits from a full Roll Cage for safety and, its dry weight is only 1278 Kgs.

In spite of it's racing upgrades and heritage, the car remains fully road legal.

 

UK Sales: 01753 549 360
UK Fax: 01753 547 170
  • Italian
  • German
  • french
  • spanish
Export Sales: +44 (0) 1753 598 382
Motor Wheel Service International Ltd, Units 1-4 Elder Way, Waterside Drive, Langley, Slough, Berkshire, SL3 6EP, UK
Sitemap | Webmaster | Contact Us | Terms and Conditions | Powered by vcGenius